Red Engravable Permanent Adhesive Foil
Brand: Custom Made Better
THICKNESS: 90 Microns/3.54 Mils
DURABILITY: 6 Years
LASER FRIENDLY: Yes
USE THIS ON:
⋆ Laser Safe Acrylic
⋆ Laser Safe Leather
1. Remove the carrier, or white protective sheet, on the back of the foil. Mind that this will expose the adhesive site and you don't want to wrinkle it or get it stuck to itself. We recommend pulling up one side first about an inch in, lining the sheet up with your laserable surface where you want it, sticking the exposed side securely and slowly pulling the carrier away as you immediately press the now exposed sticky side directly to the surface.
(Make sure you don't have any bubbles or wrinkles as you apply the foil, this can be avoided by using a craft squeegee or credit card to burnish as you go!)
2. Apply your favorite laser-safe paper mask over the foil, this is the best way to prevent and smoke stains on the foil.
3. Place your material in your laser cutter and engrave your design.
(Settings here will vary significantly according to machine type and the material you're engraving. Always try test cuts, even manufacturer recommended settings may be off depending on the power of your machine, how recently it was cleaned and surrounding conditions. Tip - use a low power setting and moderate speed for best results. Lower your speed if you need a deeper engrave.)
4. After laser cutting the design, remove the excess foil and masking material.
5. Burnish the remaining foil with the smooth side of the white paper, keeping a smooth and long swipe as you go back and forth.